- Take a break and unplug at least once a day. Technology is a wonderful thing, but as the saying goes: “everything is good in moderation”. Our need to be connected to the virtual world is strong – it may take some effort to disconnect. The reward will be worth it however: you will feel refreshed both physically and emotionally.
- Feed the creative need – learn how to do something new such as creating a fancy dessert, building a birdhouse or drawing a still life. Pick a project or hobby that does not relate in any way to your professional work, and immerse yourself in the sheer fun of creativity.
- Use the three “E”’s: exercise regularly, eat healthy foods and embrace sleep. These are the cornerstones of physical well being which in turn allows you to face and deal much better with stress.
- Relax. It can be as simple as spending half an hour meditating, watching the sunrise as you drink your morning coffee or looking through a photo album of your past adventures. Start your day off gently, and take a few short breaks during work to breathe, stretch and intentionally push the stress back for a short time.
- Establish boundaries. Decide what your time limits are and don’t exceed those limits. Delegate what you can – it is a more efficient way of reaching your goals, reduces the stress of meeting deadlines and allows you to focus your efforts to maximize productivity.
Virtual Office Key services are designed to be your personal support system – allow us to help you recover control of your time and meet goals by delegating some of your workload to our providers.